False Balance on Climate Change?

It's not just climate change.  Even in the best media sources, like the New York Times, reporters present false balance on just about everything. I suppose false balance beats no balance (re: Fox News and MSNBC).

But I stumbled upon this post over at Think Progress and found the graphic below kind of entertaining.


While the spirit of this graph rings true to my mind, to acquiesce to modern standards of balance, I suppose I should offer that others (denialists?) may feel the opposite.

To be clear: I don't think the graph has an actual empirical basis.

Now, I wish they would do one on the costs of mitigating climate change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nonlinear Temperature Effects Indicate Severe Damages to U.S. Crop Yields Under Climate Change

Commodity Prices and the Fed